Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day #1

On the first day that we arrived in Sweden, we decided that we should start with a trip to the grocery store. We chose to do this because even though grocery stores are very expensive in comparison to those in the US, eating out is far worse. As an example, the enchilada I got at a tex mex fast food place was 89 kroner, which is about $13. We only spend a little more than this for a family of 5 at a fast food Mexican restaurant here. So to the grocery store we went, which meant we had to postpone our plans for Junibacken to another day.

We did end up going to a playground with family. The kids really enjoyed the place. Knowing I would be putting my niece and nephew in my blog, I have been wracking my brain for nicknames for them, since they do not have any. My niece I have decided on Heidi because she reminds me a bit of the little Shirley Temple character. My nephew I still have not come up with anything just right .. so if you have a suggestion after seeing pics, leave a comment. I would love the ideas! And now for some much awaited pictures!

 Butterfly loves playing on the "play horse" at the park. She also really liked playing on this really cool trampoline. It is built in at ground level with only about a foot of space underneath it. It just looks so much safer than a traditional trampoline.
This slide was pretty cool. It was built on the side of the hill so no ladder to climb .. just walk up the hill.
















I am not sure how we didn't end up with decent pictures of the other kids from this day, other than Goobie-kins seems to not want to be photographed much, while Butterfly loves the camera.

No comments: