Monday, August 11, 2008

Some vacation fun!

The last few days have been pretty good. Butterfly is finally sleeping at night, which means I am sleeping at night.

Friday we took Witchlet and Goobie-kins to a Museum where they do science experiments. It was pretty fun and there was some yummy food there. There are even a couple rides there and we rode one that reminded me of a smaller version of Power Tower at Cedar Point.

Saturday we took the kids to a place called Skansen which is partially a zoo and partially a historical place. They have a lot of the historical buildings of Sweden there and then there are a lot of animals. The interesting thing about Skansen is the number of animals that you are free to touch if you choose. A lot of them will come right up to you and some of them roam pretty freely. My kids especially liked seeing the reindeer. Butterfly spent about 5 hours that day in our Ergo Baby carrier. That thing was probably one of the best investments I have made. After that we went to a Kräftskiva. This is a crayfish party. I love shellfish, but I could not have any of them because they were first soaked in brine, but I was able to eat some of the shrimp. After the party we went to my sister-in-laws for a little while, which was really nice for the kids since they could play.

Sunday we went to a Fika for my husband’s grandmother’s birthday. This seems pretty similar to a tea party, though maybe more casual, not that I have attended many tea parties. I saw a couple people I had not seen since my wedding and met some new people. Butterfly was in fact very much a social butterfly there and Goobie-kins had a really good time. Witchlet did well in the beginning though after awhile it became a bit overwhelming to her and she sat on my lap for a bit.

Today we are registering Butterfly as a Swedish citizen (she will have dual citizenship) and then going to the Royal Castle to see the changing of the guard and then visit a couple museums. Hopefully this evening I can get some pictures of what we have done and post for everyone to see.

No comments: