Friday, August 1, 2008

Why I hate my birthday

Today is my birthday. Every year I keep thinking this year will be better .. but it isnt. When I was a kid, there just wasnt enough money for all the b-day. Being the oldest, I had to be the one to wait for b-day presents that came a month or 2 late.
As an adult, I have been fired on my birthday (not because of anything I did, but because someone's friend needed a job, nice eh?), had pets die twice (a couple years apart), among other things.
So this morning my kids forgot my birthday, all they did was fight for hours, causing me to be late getting out of the house. I got to the license bureau to get my license renewed and their computer went down just as I got to the counter. I was told to come back Monday. Well my flight is on Monday. This means I dont have a valid license for 18 days! I got back home to more fighting. I now have a million or so things to get done and I dont feel like doing any of it. If I dont do it then I have wasted money on plane tickets and my husband will be angry with me for ruining his trip home.

2 comments:

my life said...

Aww!! i am soo sorry you had such a rotten birthday... I really wanna give you a hug right now!!

hopefully seeing your honey will make it all worth it in the end

Nicole said...

Try to treat yourself to something special on your birthday. And if it is something small, like stopping at a cafe at get your favorite coffee.

And hopefully your next birthday will be a happy one.