Friday, July 25, 2008

Billing Issues

So Witchlet had some appointments to clarify her diagnosis at the behavior health center. These all occurred in June and I was waiting for results for what felt like forever. Finally I find that the billing department put a block on my account not allowing me an appointment because I owed $462. Now my insurance had already told me they would pay most of this so I called to find out why it was not paid. They said the claim was never submitted. So I call the center and ask why it was never submitted. They said most insurance wont pay for testing. So I said but mine said they would, please submit it. They refuse. Tell me submit my bill to Insurance. So I do that. Insurance says that bill does not have any of the information they need and not only that it does not even have the logo of the center .. (basically it looks fake .. I agree with them on this). I call center and again request they submit the claim because their statements look fake and insurance wants something that looks official .. they refuse. I talk to the doctor herself (she is getting increasingly concerned about my daughter and asks if there is anything that she can fill out to help so we can get around the billing department). I find a claim form online. We discuss the feasibility of me paying the bill and submitting the claim form to be reimbursed. I pay the bill and send her the form through email. She filled it out (this is the exact same form that billing department refused to fill out) and I mailed it myself. Why was this so hard? I have no freaking idea. Some stupid policy about not wasting time on a form that most likely wont get paid. However they wasted over an hour on the phone with me arguing about a form that took the docter less than 2 minutes to fill out.

So now we have a little bit better understanding on what is going on with Witchlet and last night we started her on new meds. Hopefully these help her out. I know life it very hard on her. She has had so many traumas and now has little control over herself. Her father is not exactly very supportive of her .. and at her age she is seeing this so clearly (and the tests confirmed this). So in therapy she will be working on gaining that control of herself and in feeling safe. The feeling safe part is really hard for her.

No comments: