Thursday, July 31, 2008

A week of chaos

I am behind in my blogging! You are shocked, I know. OK so really anyone who reads this probably expects this .. but anyway ...
I have a whole week of things to report. Last Friday I took my children to Chuck E Cheese (a place I despise) for my nieces b-day party. That actually turned out well .. only 144 missing tickets with no other catastrophe. Of course these would be Witchlet's tickets and she was only on day 2 of her new meds. Ahhh .. no fun. But it was not too terrible as my mom was very sweet and gave up some wonderful tokens so that the tickets could be won again.
Then comes the joys of preparing for travel. We have not even gone anywhere yet and I am fully exhausted. I made a spreadsheet of everything that needs done. Spreadsheets are my saving grace. I would totally fail without them at just about anything I do. I have been shopping for things we need .. and I keep thinking I am done .. and then think of something I forgot. Over and over again I do this. Then there are the meds. I take meds and Goobie-kins and Witchlet take meds. Normally this would not be a hard thing. Get letters from docs about meds. Simple right? No. Why you ask? Because July 1 was a change in insurance for me. Old insurance covered everything no questions asked. New insurance is not as easy. They want you to try this med before that med .. etc etc. Except I already tried first med and had side effects .. bad ones. So then the insurance realizes this is pre-existing. They say they have no record of previous insurance (funny that they had this last week when I called about approval for my sons meds). So anyway I have to call the old insurance and have them fax this over. Interesting thing .. I had old insurance for over 4 years through my previous job. I never had to call them until I quit my job and got new insurance. New insurance I have had less than 2 months. Several calls into them and several hours on the phone. Anyway I find out tomorrow if my meds are straightened out. There was a problem with one of Witchlet's meds too .. and that I think gets cleared up tomorrow.
Tomorrow I also need to contact the BMV. Now I keep trying to do this. I spend a bit of time on hold and the call disconnects. I tried emailing .. no reply. Basically I have an issue with my license and car insurance. If I can get something straightened out on there I can get much better rates and I would like to save the money .. but since my license expires and my policy expires all in August (of which half of it I will be out of the country) this needs to be done now. And then there is packing. This is not something I have ever done for 3 kids. I have never taken any of them on a commercial flight. With all the security regulations though about what I can bring in carry on and what I cannot, this is stressful. I need milk for the baby. I know I can take formula but she does not drink that. I also know I can take breast milk .. but she no longer drinks that either. So can I take whole milk? I dont know. I know I can take juice .. but in general I dont really give her juice. I guess I try it and hope they do not take it from me. We are trying the tetra packs.
There has been a lot more chaos than this .. and someday I may write about it .. but for now, I think I need to get some sleep. Tomorrow is another day .. and I am sure that there is chaos lurking there.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Glad you posted the address to BBC. Great blog.