Monday, July 7, 2008

Midnight Drives

So last night my ex called and he was arguing with my 11 year old daughter and wanted me to come and get her. I will admit she can be a pain .. she has been through a lot and does have some mental issues that we are trying to get a diagnosis on so we can treat them. However, he never deals with her. He just sends her back home whenever it gets hard. So last night at midnight Butterfly and I go on a trip to pick up Witchlet (I have not called her that in years actually but it used to be what I called her :P ). The reason I was taking Butterfly is that she was refusing to sleep and my husband needed to work today so he needed to get to bed.

So anyway, she is screaming before I get out of our driveway. 10 minutes later I decide to stop at the only store that is open along the way and buy a new sippy and a drink for her. They do not have the kind of sippy cups that she likes and the one I choose is not good enough. She screams at least 15 more minutes of the way to Witchlet's father's house .. which btw is close to an hour away .. though it wasn't quite so long since it was night time and no traffic.

So I don't really mind picking up my daughter. It does really bother me though that whenever things get hard my ex gets all immature and decides he does not want to be a parent anymore. He actually said yesterday that he does not care if he never sees her again. WTF? This is not the first time he has said that .. and what kind of person tells an 11 year old that he does not want to be her father anymore?

2 comments:

Kari-Anne said...

Hi Angel

It makes me so sad that she has to hear that from her dad . It is going to take alot for her to get over that and I sure hope she does .
Some parents just can't parent a child that can be hard to deal with - she is lucky she has you and your husband :o)

Nicole said...

That sounds just cruel.

It's not always easy being a parent, but kids are just kids and they need the grown up even when times are difficult. Just as Kari-Anne said, she is lucky to have you as her mum.